Features and Specifications
Medtronic understands the need for anchor retention, lead integrity, simple anchor placement, and patient comfort. Through decades of experience in designing leads, our extensive research has shown that immobilizing internal lead wires may damage the lead. That's why the Injex® anchoring system uses a unique compression-fit anchor design that maintains lead integrity by allowing the lead wires to float without undue restraint.
Introducing the Injex Anchoring System(:57, 3.7 MB)
This video shows the bumpy and bi-wing Injex anchors and the anchoring system that offers retention without compromise.
Implanting the Injex Bi-wing Anchor(1:51, 7.3 MB)
This video demonstrates the technique for implanting the Injex bi-wing anchor.
Removing the Injex Bi-wing Anchor(1:09, 4.4 MB)
This video demonstrates the technique for removing the Injex bi-wing anchor.
Implanting the Injex Bumpy Anchor(1:57, 7.6 MB)
This video demonstrates the technique for implanting the Injex bumpy anchor.
Removing the Injex Bumpy Anchor(1:09, 4.4 MB)
This video demonstrates the technique for removing the Injex bumpy anchor.
The Injex® anchor is available in 2 models: bumpy and bi-wing. The chart below compares both models and anchors from other manufacturers.
|Medtronic Injex Bumpy||Medtronic Injex Bi-wing||Boston Scientific Clik™||St. Jude Medical Swift Lock™|
Mean stiffness per unit length (lbf/in/in)
1054% greater stiffness than Injex bumpy
1150% greater stiffness than Injex bi-wing
26567% greater stiffness than Injex bumpy
28789% greater stiffness than Injex bi-wing
|Material||Silicone; barium sulfate loaded||Silicone; barium sulfate loaded||Silicone; polyether urethane sleeve (lines inner diameter)||Silicone; barium sulfate loaded|
Clik™ is a trademark of Boston Scientific Corporation
Swift-Lock™ is a trademark of St. Jude Medical, Inc.
The 97791 and 97792 Injex anchoring system accessory kits consist of:
- 2 anchor dispenser tools preloaded with anchors
- 1 anchor removal tool
Although all anchors are designed to secure leads, only Medtronic has published a product performance report and applied the findings – along with experience – to design a lead anchoring system that offers retention without compromise.
Uniform Compression Instead of Set-screw Restraint
The Injex® anchoring system eliminates the need to secure the anchor with medical adhesive, screws, or springs.
- Once deployed from its dispenser, the one-piece silicone anchor compresses automatically and uniformly onto the lead
- Lead wires float without undue restraint, which may reduce the risk of damage and deformation
In comparison, below is an X-ray showing the effect of the set-screw design of the Boston Scientific Click™ Anchor.
With this set-screw design:
- Significant and focused pressure is applied against the lead wires, which may cause concave deformation
- Retention is achieved via a “pinch-point” method that prevents independent movement of lead wires
Retention and Integrity Without Screws or Twisting
With its uniform compression-fit design, Injex:
- Ensures consistent lead retention across the entire length of the anchor without undue stress on the lead
- Achieves anchor retention and maintains lead integrity without using screws or springs that could fail
Below is an X-ray showing a twist design (St. Jude Medical Swift-Lock™ Anchor), where:
- Focused force applied against lead wires may cause deformation
- Retention achieved via a twisting action may create kinks in the lead wires
Maximum Holding Force Without Compromising Lead Integrity
The Injex anchor offers up to 58% greater retention strength than its predecessor, Titan™ anchor.1
Simple Anchor Placement
Injex simplifies anchor placement with its unique dispenser, which provides consistent, reliable positioning.
- Preloaded tool dispenses the radiopaque anchor onto the lead in a single motion
- The anchor is embedded easily and securely into the fascia
- No need for sutures to attach the anchor to the lead
- A separate tool is included for easy anchor removal without damaging the lead
The Injex anchor is designed for patient comfort with its soft silicone material, lowest profile, and greatest flexibility.
- No moving parts
- Medtronic data on file