Activating MRI Mode
There are two options for activating MRI Mode with a SureScan™ MRI System.. You can use the N'Vision™ Programmer or the MyStim™ patient programmer (model 97740 or later). The easiest way is to use the MyStim patient programmer.
Educate the patient or caregiver on the process for activating MRI Mode. Knowing how to activate MRI Mode will allow the patient to continue to receive therapy until he or she is at the MRI center.
Instructions for Activating MRI Mode
To activate MRI Mode with the MyStim patient programmer, follow these instructions:
- Hold the MyStim programmer over the neurostimulator and press the Sync key
- Press the up arrow on the Navigator key to move the selection box to the Status (top) row
- Press the left arrow on the Navigator key to move the selection box to the MRI Mode Activation screen
- Hold the MyStim programmer over the neurostimulator and press the Sync key. (When MRI mode is activated, stimulation is turned off.)
- MRI Scan Eligibility screen is displayed. (MRI Mode is activated when the MRI Scan Eligibility screen is displayed.)
- Full Body Eligible
- Head Scan Eligible with Transmit/Receive Head Coil
- Eligibility Cannot Be Determined
Note: The eligibility screen is displayed on the MyStim programmer screen for 20 minutes, but MRI mode will remain on, until disabled, or until stimulation is turned back on.