Activating MRI Mode
Prepare the pain neurostimulation system before entering the MRI scanner room. Use the MyStim™ patient programmer to determine if the neurostimulator is in MRI Mode (MyStim model 97740 or later) or if the stimulation is turned off (prior MyStim models).
Determining If the Neurostimulator Is In MRI Mode
The MyStim patient programmer (model 97740 or later) will display the MRI ELIGIBLE icon on the screen. This means the stimulation is off.
Activating MRI Mode
If the neurostimulation is still on, have the patient follow these instructions using their MyStim patient programmer to activate MRI Mode:
- Hold the MyStim programmer over the neurostimulator and press the Sync key
- Press the up arrow on the Navigator key to move the selection box to the Status (top) row
- Press the left arrow on the Navigator key to move the selection box to the MRI Mode Activation screen
- Hold the MyStim Programmer over the neurostimulator and press the Sync key. (When MRI mode is activated, stimulation is turned off.)
- MRI Scan Eligibility screen is displayed.
- Full Body Eligible
- Head Scan Eligible with Transmit/Receive Head Coil
- Eligibility Cannot Be Determined
Note: The eligibility screen is displayed on the MyStim programmer screen for 20 minutes, but MRI mode will remain on, until disabled, or until stimulation is turned back on.
Turning Off Stimulation (MyStim model 37746 or earlier)
Use the MyStim patient programmer (model 37746 or earlier) to determine if stimulation is off and to turn stimulation off or on. Stimulation is off if the Off icon is displayed in the Therapy screen.
If stimulation is still on, have the patient follow these instructions to turn stimulation off:
- Synchronize the patient programmer and the neurostimulator.
- Hold the patient programmer directly over your neurostimulator with the screen facing outward.
- Press the Sync key
- The Therapy screen will appear
Note: If the patient programmer does not synchronize the first time, reposition the programmer over the neurostimulator and try again.
- Press the Neurostimulator Off key.
- Verify that the Off icon is displayed on the Therapy screen.
De-activating MRI Mode
Instructions for de-activating MRI Mode or turning stimulation on can be found here.